About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken with Capers (Low Carb)

This is a recipe I have wanted to make for a long time, but most recipes for Chicken Piccata have SO many steps. Ugh, I don't want to WORK at dinner in the kitchen. ;)  Plus, most recipes for Piccata call for the chicken to be dredged in flour, and that just won't work for me. So I found this one, and it looked so easy, that I just had to try! It was as easy as she promised, and DOUBLE yum. This is not "healthy" because of the cream, but is low carb. So don't yell at me for not posting a healthy recipe today. Clean recipe next time, I promise. :) Just use this one as a cheat meal. 

Chicken with Caper Cream Sauce

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp lemon pepper (check your brand for sugar in the ingredients or make your own.)
1 tsp salt (you might want to leave this salt out if you are sensitive)
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
3 TBSP butter (I used a bit less than this. Just enough to cover the bottom of pan)
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 TBSP capers, drained and rinsed (you don't have to rinse, I didn't. I like the flavor)


Melt the butter in the skillet. Mix together all the spices, and sprinkle both sides of the chicken and place in the pan. Sear on both sides on medium high heat, and then lower the temperature to medium and cook until breasts are cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet and add cream to deglaze the pan. Whisk and cook over medium low heat until reduced.  Add capers and remove from heat. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve. 





Honestly, this tastes even better reheated the next day. Pair with a vegetable and you are set. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment