About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Thursday, April 18, 2013

And a letter than I wish I could send...

To my 20 year old self

Dear Me,

I know, I know...you are in your 20s and you can eat whatever you want, or not eat and just "drink" whatever you wanted and still be a stick? Eating right isn't something you have to think about...you eat okay. No major red flags in the diet, and skinny is a given - no work required. 

Unfortunately, this will not always be the case. Eventually you will find that you slow down. You will get married to the love of your life, you will start cooking more - have a few kids. Just life... And you will allow life to get in the way of taking care of yourself. Perhaps eating out too much, drinking too much. Could be that you move from city to city and stop leaving the house. Where are you going to go with three kids anyway? The mall? CFA? Chuck E Cheese? You name it, you will find a reason to become out of shape, overweight, and unhappy. It's what you decide to do next that will make all the difference in the world. 

Get off your butt. Get moving. Eat better - or in this case, just remember how you ate when you ate right. Don't let it go too long, because I am here to tell you...it just gets harder as you get older. Ideally, you will never allow yourself to get heavier, but since this is my letter to my 20 year old self, I know that you did... 3 kids and 3 states later, you did. 

Now get up. And get moving...never slow down because when you do...well, just take my word for it. :) 

Stay tuned for my workout fiascoes and all the funniness that comes with that.

4 comments:

  1. Nice. You are in the right mindset now. We will get them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, babe. How can I go wrong with your support? :)

      Delete
  2. well you guys are adorable ... and I am with you too tanya ... we can share "and I nearly died" stories after a work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to share those stories with you, Marika. We are going to kick our own asses. ;)

    ReplyDelete