About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Taco Seasoning (Clean)

I have been searching and searching for a taco seasoning alternative. I have tried a couple of different ones that either didn't taste right, or the kids wouldn't eat...which just won't do. We really like our Taco Night in this house. I found this one from He and She Eat Clean, and it was AWESOME! My oldest (and pickiest) actually said "If I didn't know you made this yourself, I wouldn't have known the difference". Which is a major accomplishment for me. I tried to not let him in the kitchen while I was making it. He will automatically refuse to like it if I change it...brat! ;) But luckily he loved it, and it will now be made in bulk so there is no reason to ever buy taco seasoning again. :)


Clean Taco Seasoning

1TBSP Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more or less, of course, depending on taste)

Mix all the ingredients together and use for 1 lb of meat. We use it in turkey, but it can be used in ground beef, chicken, whatever you like. 

Next time I will try their Ranch dressing recipe. I have tried a few, and didn't like, but since this one worked out... I feel good about trying another. 


No comments:

Post a Comment