About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Thursday, January 31, 2013

And the never ending process of perfecting breakfast:

Crustless Quiche

So I have a love/hate relationship with breakfast. I would much rather just drink my iced coffee and skip breakfast all together. Unfortunately age and gravity are catching up with me, and I need to take better care of myself. Eating right at breakfast is rough. I get really tired of the choices, and have been searching around for alternatives that are healthy, and low carb. I think I have finally found it - The Crustless Quiche.  Only, being me (lol), I had to change it. I didn't hate it with the grated parm, but I like it much better this way. :)

Important Note: DO NOT wait until you are hungry to start making this. It can take up to 45 minutes to set, and if you are starving already, you will be REALLY hungry by then. Not that I learned that the hard way or anything ;)


Low-carb cheesy veggie quiche
I know...fancy name it is not. ;)

Serves 4

2 whole eggs
6 egg whites (I just used liquid egg whites)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2-1 cup shredded cheese
and then about 1-2 cups of whatever vegetables you like to put inside (and maybe bacon if you have some leftover haha).


I used an 8 inch cake pan (you will need whatever size fits your ingredients), sprayed with nonstick spray. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then pour in the cake pan. 350 degrees for up to 45 minutes. In my experience, you have to start peeking in on it around 20 minutes. It really depends on the moisture in the vegetables you use, and amount of cheese. 

I am still perfecting this, so expect updates and revisions galore. (And pictures, since I keep getting too excited (and hungry) to wait for pictures once it is finally ready.) *when I plug this into My Fitness Pal (bacon included) it comes out to 159 calories per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment