About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Favorite - Baked Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls (Cheat)

Baked Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls

This recipe by CanYouStayForDinner  for Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls is by far my favorite addition to my family's "Appetizer Night". Appetizer night started a while back, when we decided that eating out constantly was expensive for what you get. So my oldest and I would go to the grocery store and pick out all of our favorite appetizers that we can get at the restaurant, and then make our own. Well, fast forward to our "healthy eating initiative", and I had to go on a hunt to replace frozen apps and add some that are healthier. Enter "Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls". These not only satisfy a need for buffalo flavor, but help on the low carb front too. I changed a few things from the original recipe, but you can definitely add or subtract anything you don't like. I leave out the broccoli slaw, but if you are a slaw lover - please put it back in. :)


So first things first:  Go to the grocery store and buy egg roll wrappers. You can find them in the Produce department. (You could also do wontons, but I haven't tried out the cook time yet) You also need to cook up some chicken and shred it into a bowl. Add buffalo sauce (I use Frank's, but just use whichever one you like best). There is no magic amount to add, just add it up to your heat tolerance level ;)



Next, I put a cookie cooling rack on my largest baking sheet. I also use one of those grill racks you can buy to put fish on to grill out. Then start laying out the wraps to get started. 


Next place your ingredients in the middle on the wrap as shown. This time around I used real blue cheese crumbles, but most of the time I use Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedges and just smear some on the wrap before placing the buffalo chicken on.. Now, if you have family members that don't like blue cheese (I KNOW!!! Shocking, right?), you can use any cheese they like inside. I just use whatever I have on hand, and then separate those with and without, so as not to mix them up... 



Now start folding the wrap...kinda like an envelope? First the bottom corner up, then fold both sides in. Be careful not to rip the wrap. They are VERY durable, but I manage to rip at least one. And if I do rip one, I just wrap another one around it. Works fine. 





Lastly, you need to wet the edges so they will stay sealed when you fold the top down. Line them up on the rack and spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for approx 15 minutes...give or take a few. I keep an eye on them, and if they are starting to burn without crisping, I take them out and spray them again just to keep from burning. I don't have a good After picture, but even if I did, they would never look as awesome as Andie's do. :)

Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls


  • Shredded chicken (use as much or as little as the amount of egg rolls you are making)
  • Buffalo Sauce (I alternate between the "buffalo" and the "hot" sauce depending on what I have) 
  • Blue cheese crumbles or Laughing Cow blue cheese wedges
  • Egg Roll wrappers
  • Cooking spray

Assemble wraps as shown in pictures, and bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. Serve with Ranch dressing or Blue cheese dressing, if you like. But caution! These are smoking hot inside. So if your family is planning Appetizer Night, you can definitely bake these first...they will stay hot longest! 


Update: I messaged the blogger to let her know how much we loved these, and that I was planning on putting this recipe on my blog, and she actually messaged me back to say thank you. To me, that is super nice! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, punkin. I just borrow from all my favorite blogs. That's why I am on the "journey". I am not a great cook. :)

    ReplyDelete