About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Friday, October 26, 2012

And it's time for Fajitas!!

Okay, I should start out this entry by stating that I LOVE anything and everything TexMex, Mexican, Texican (might've made that one up). And this recipe for Crockpot Chicken Fajitas is SO good that it should really be top of anyone's list. It is not like having Fajitas cooked on the grill (which I have yet to perfect), but it is a great recipe for throwing into the crockpot and then making any number of TexMex dishes from...enchiladas, Fajita salad, tacos, etc. I also want to tell you to follow this lady's if you are interested in more great recipes and TONS of advice on how to handle finances, groceries, budgets, you name it. I you want to save money - go to her blog. It's AWESOME! :)

(Please forgive my lack of pictures... I get really excited when these are ready and forget to take pics) :)
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas


Okay, so I will say that Lime juice is the key to this recipe. I forgot it one time, and I swear it did NOT taste the same. So..anyway, slice up one whole onion, and whatever peppers you like..Mr M likes anything but the green ones, so I use one green and one red or yellow...whatever I have in the drawer. Then I drop in the 4 chicken breasts, chicken broth (not alot needed), and throw spices on top. Squirt some lime on the top, and you are good to go. It looks kinda gross, but trust me...super YUM. 


After cook time, I shred up the chicken and return it to the pot. Stir it up and serve it however the family wants it. If you want to keep it low carb, just serve on top of lettuce with sour cream, salsa and cheese. So good. 

Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas 
1  onion, sliced up chunky
2-3 peppers, sliced, any kind are fine
4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup chicken broth or even just a dash of water and chicken bouillion
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cumin
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
A good hefty squirt of lime juice
Tortillas
And then whatever you like on your fajitas. :)

Put sliced onion and peppers in the bottom of a greased crockpot (very important step. This recipe can be a mess. Yes..I have forgotten) Lay chicken on top of veggies. Pour chicken broth over top. Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder. Give a nice quirt of lime juice over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or on High for 4-6 hours). When meat is done, shred and stir back into juices. Then just serve however your family likes chicken fajitas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment