About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Sunday, February 3, 2013

And the night I decided to try making Scampi:

Shrimp Scampi 



So last night we were in the mood for shrimp, but digging through my Pinterest boards for the recipe I used last time was proving more difficult than my hungry belly was going to allow. So I decided to just put in what sounded good, which for those who know me know that this could be a recipe for disaster. I may cook alot, but it is out of necessity, not because I have a talent for it. :) Here is what I decided to put in it (which turns out to be a pretty standard scampi recipe):




I started with about a pound of raw shrimp, peeled. I then put a stick of unsalted butter into my casserole dish and put it in the oven to melt while I peeled 4 cloves of garlic. 


After the butter is melted, I grated the 4 cloves of garlic into the dish. I use a handheld  grater ala Rachael Ray. I have TERRIBLE knife skills, so mincing this much garlic would take me forever. :)
To  this I added some white wine and white pepper. I didn't measure the white wine, but after looking up a Red Lobster copy afterwards, it says a cup of white wine. 


We plated this with spaghetti squash and Parmesan cheese. You could serve over rice or noodles too. Or just eat it in a bowl with nothing. However you like it best. 


Shrimp Scampi

1lb Raw shrimp - peeled and deveined
about 1 cup white wine
1 stick of butter - melted
4 cloves of garlic
pinch of white pepper

Combine all in a glass Pyrex dish and bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink. Serve with noodles (or spaghetti squash to save carbs)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment