About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Friday, April 19, 2013

And the truth of the matter is...

So I am going to write this out, mostly because I want to remember it. I am hoping that writing it all down will remind me not to get myself to this point again. Here is the truth of it...

Tuesday I decided to try a workout DVD. I am the kind of person that can't just exercise. I need someone to tell me what to do. Like literally. I would use a trainer except that would A) cost extra money that I do not want to spend right now, and B) Would play into some of my worst fears (most of which I will not spell out for you here -gotta keep some of my crazy to myself). So, anyway, I went to the store and picked out a DVD with Gunnar Peterson. It is from Shape magazine, and is broken up into nice (short) individual workouts. I decided to the the 20 minute strength/toning portion. No biggie. I won't say it was easy, but I could do most of the exercises without altering them in any way. I did pretty good, if I do say so myself. I even thought "Hmm..wonder if I should do another portion", but went on about my day without a care in the world. Aside from some residual jelly-ish feelings, I was feeling pretty good about myself. :)

Now when night came on Tuesday, I noticed some stiffness in my legs. Didn't think too much of it, figured it came with the territory. WELL...boy howdy does it. I woke up on Wednesday morning and was sure I would not be able to walk. I was right. Spent ALL of Wednesday in extreme pain. The stairs were torture, and wouldn't you know that it seemed like EVERYTHING hit the floor and required me to pick it up. Now to admit how extreme the pain is is embarrassing. I can no longer hide from the truth of how out of shape I am. The number of the scale is one thing - seeing, errr..feeling, it is another. It always proves to me, once and for all, that walking on the treadmill is not going to be enough. I will need to bust my a$$, and not for a short amount of time, in order to get myself to the shape I want to be. But, I believe that admitting it is the first step. 

I sincerely hope that I can look back on this week (soon) and laugh. :)

1 comment: