About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Salmon for the Hubby (Clean)

So my husband likes salmon. Me, not so much. But he had bought one at the grocery store the other day and asked me to make it. Since I have NO clue about cooking fish that isn't cod or tilapia, I took to the Internet. This recipe came up several times, so I figured it had to be good :) It called for Trout, but I think it worked fine for the Salmon.  He gave it two thumbs up, so I am sharing ;)

Broiled Steelhead Trout With Rosemary, Lemon and Garlic

Now, I do not have fresh rosemary, like ever, so I used dried. I added it to the olive oil/lemon juice mixture and let it sit for a few minutes. Worked out fine (same goes for fresh lemon if you don't have it.)


I put all the ingredients into a small bowl, and let it sit together for about 10 minutes. I used dried rosemary, so I wanted the flavors to mix together well before I brushed it onto the salmon. 


I lined a baking pan with foil, sprayed it with Olive Oil, and placed the salmon in the oven. Broil it on one of the highest rack settings for the first 5 minutes and then move the rack down to the middle setting and bake the rest of the way. 




Baked Steelhead Salmon
1lb Steelhead fillet (Salmon or Trout)
2 cloves garlic (minced/grated)
1/2 TBS dried Rosemary or 1 1/2 Fresh
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 TBS Avocado Oil

Spray a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil and place salmon skin side down. Mix remainder of ingredients together and let sit for a few minutes. Move your top oven rack up to the second highest setting. Cover top of the salmon with the olive oil mixture and broil in the oven for 5 minutes. Then move the rack down to the middle setting and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until fish is cooked through. 

I served it with creamed cauliflower and broccoli. (I had normal fish ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment