About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chicken Marinade (CLEAN) ala Teriyaki

In trying to help my husband remain on his clean eating path, but still getting my marinated grilled chicken, I had to be alittle creative the other night with my ingredients. I was looking for a Teriyaki-type of marinade, but most called for sugar (white and/or brown). Otherwise, they would call for orange/pineapple juice, and we just never have that in the house. Well, I was NOT going to the store, so I just started throwing some ingredients into a baggie, and here's what I came up with:

Clean Chicken Marinade

1/2 cup Bragg's liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup raw honey (give or take...depending on your preference)
2 TBSP avocado oil (or olive oil)
3 tsp onion powder
3 tsp garlic powder

I just threw this in with my frozen chicken breasts and let them marinate while defrosting. Had the hubby throw them on the grill, and paired his with the cauliflower "rice" and asparagus. Mine, of course, was paired with quinoa and broccoli. I am NOT a fan of the white asparagus. Too bitter for me. :)





2 comments: