About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Friday, March 8, 2013

Cauliflower "Rice" (Clean)

Now, do not get too excited. Does it taste like rice? No. But does it taste good enough to replace rice for the good of your health? Definitely. I LOVE cauliflower! Probably more than any other vegetable,so this is easy for me. I sneak it into mashed potatoes, completely undetected by my kids. One of which does not eat any vegetables AT ALL. So, that's something. Anyway...this could not be easier. Actually, it could be easier if I weren't scared of my food processor, but I digress. Here are the only items you need to do this:

Grater
Head of cauliflower
Skillet
Oil of choice
Salt and pepper

Basically you grate up the cauliflower florets into small bits. Heat up TBS of oil in the pan, and "dry" fry the cauliflower with salt and pepper. Just stir it around until it is halfway done and there you go. I served this to my husband with my Shrimp Creole because quinoa is not his preference. I think he was really surprised that he liked it as much as he did.

I also posted my Creole recipe, so check it out! (Please) :)





Looks like rice, doesn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment