About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Sunday, March 17, 2013

And Beer Chicken it is...



This sounds awesome, right? Anything that adds beer to my meal...lol. Now since I grew up in the South, this would not be my first "Beer can chicken", but this is a great alternative to using the grill. Especially when it's SUPER cold outside. ;) And it really couldn't be any easier. Which seems to be a running theme in my blog, huh? 

Now, like the original poster writes, you can use a whole chicken, cut up chicken pieces, or chicken breasts. I used chicken breasts, and it came out great. You can also play with the spices. I am not a huge fan of Basil, so I just put in a shake of that, but I  believe that you can never have too much garlic, so I added extra of that. Here's how I did it:

Beer Can Slow Cooker Chicken

6 Boneless Chicken breasts
1 Can of any beer of your choice (Organic if you want to "clean" it up) 
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 clove of Garlic minced
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
Shake of Basil ;)

Put all these ingredients in the slow cooker, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4 on High. (I rarely cook anything on high...I feel like it toughens whatever meat I am using, but I will do it if I am in a pinch)

You can just eat these straight out of the crock with a veggie side dish, or you can shred the meat and put it back in the slow cooker to soak up the liquid. Then serve on rolls or over rice. You can't go wrong no matter what way you choose to eat it. It's delicious! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment