About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Monday, February 25, 2013

Parsnip (not so) Chips...(Clean)

Parsnip "Chips"

So in our quest to find suitable chip replacements, I stumbled across someone talking about different root vegetables that you can slice into chips. Well, after the kale and zucchini chips debacle (different story all together), I decided to try parsnips. If you've never seen or tried parsnips, they are a little like a spicier carrot. Same shape and appearance, just white instead of orange. I have actually also put these in my Sausage and Potato Soup, in addition to potatoes, with great success. You just have to get used to the flavor and accept that they will never taste like potatoes. :) These are one of my husband's favorites that I  make here recently. I have to make at least 2 just for him. 


This is simple. Peel and slice some parsnips, at least one per person that is going to share these with you. Put in a bowl with Olive Oil and seasoning of your choice. I like to use Mrs Dash no salt Garlic and Herb seasoning and a little bit of sea salt. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes, or to desired crispiness. These are not actually "chip like". It really depends on the thickness, and length of time in the oven. I will update after I try these at a lower temp for longer to see if that helps. 

Parsnip "Chips"

1 parsnip per person, peeled and sliced
Olive Oil (just enough to coat slices)
2 turns of a sea salt dispenser
Tbs seasoning of choice

Stir all ingredients in a bowl and lay out on a piece of parchment in a single layer. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes.

Seasoning suggestions: 
Cajun spices
Ranch dressing mix
Mrs Dash (any flavor)
Garlic salt and pepper

Sky's the limit on this one. Just experiment with your favorite flavors. I would love to hear if you try something that ROCKS. Please let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment