About Me

Lolo Moku is Crazy Island. That is my family. We are an island, and taking care of this island is a fulltime job. This blog is my outlet. Hope you all enjoy my recipes, fails, and all around views on life. :)

Thursday, February 7, 2013

And now for the not so healthy:

Easy Cheese Danish

I hope that you will all forgive me for what I am about to post. It is not in the slightest bit healthy, and is downright addicting. When we were in Norway last year, my grandmother had made a coffee cake that my kids fell in love with and raved about for days...still even. Well, I hate buying them in the store, and when I found this recipe, I knew I had found a quick fix that takes a lot less time than flying to Norway to have my grandmother make us one. :)

Okay, when I say this is easy you know that I am telling the truth. I don't make any recipe that is hard. Seriously. If it has more than 10 ingredients, I am usually out. lol. I found this recipe here,  and could not love it more.

Here is my oldest, helping me out. First we mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and flour. Just smear it around really good until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Next is the hard part...and when I say hard part, the hardest part to me is getting the tube open without tearing all the crescent rolls to pieces. ;) Roll the crescent rolls out onto a nonstick baking sheet in one long piece. Smoosh the perforations together so that it appears to have no holes or gaps. 
Then put the cream cheese mixture down the center of the dough, leaving about an inch at either end and about two inches on the sides. You will then cut diagonal slits in the dough as pictured. It does NOT have to be perfect (as you can see lol), just approximate and try not to rip the dough like I did several times. Luckily this recipe is very forgiving. Now you'll start "braiding" the dough. 

I wish I had thought to take pictures along the way, but the original blog can help you out there. Basically, you will just start alternating sides, and overlapping the pieces as you go. Honestly, mine was less than pretty going into the oven, but the dough puffs up and makes it pretty. You'll see.
Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, or until it looks golden brown like a crescent roll should look. :)
Mix together the final ingredients to make the frosting. Drizzle over and then try to take a picture before the entire family is in the kitchen taking pieces.

So yummy! Oh, and try almond extract to give it a really tasty, unique flavor.

Easy Cream Cheese Danish

Ingredients:

1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tube crescent rolls


1 cup powdered sugar
4+ tablespoons heavy cream (last time I didn't have heavy cream and used milk. use less)
splash vanilla extract
(almond is really good too)

Mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and flour until smooth. Roll out crescent rolls. Smear cream cheese mixture down the middle, cut slits, and braid together. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until crescent appears cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment